One of the great features of our cordless lamps is the array of colours they can produce. 16 preprogrammed colours to be exact but thats not all! Over 16 million spectrum colours can be achieved by using the slow changing transitional effects.
Do you feel anxious in a yellow room? Does the colour blue make you feel calm and relaxed? Artists and interior designers have long understood how colour can dramatically affect moods, feelings, and emotions. It is a powerful communication tool and can be used to signal action, influence mood, and cause physiological reactions.
While perceptions of colour are somewhat subjective, there are some colour effects that have universal meaning. Colours in the red area of the colour spectrum are known as warm colours and include red, orange and yellow. These warm colours evoke emotions of warmth and comfort.
Several ancient cultures, including the Egyptians and Chinese, practiced chromotherapy, or the use of colours to heal. Chromotherapy is sometimes referred to as light therapy or colourology and is still used today as a holistic or alternative treatment.
The treatments are as follows:
- Red was used to stimulate the body and mind and to increase circulation.
- Yellow was thought to stimulate the nerves and purify the body.
- Orange was used to heal the lungs and to increase energy levels.
- Blue was believed to soothe illnesses and treat pain.
- Indigo shades were thought to alleviate skin problems.
Let us know what colours relax you, leave your comments below or contact our customer service team.